VT Insights Platform
Clear corporate communications delivering measurable results.
- Content creators test and fix their own content for single tone of voice
- Instantly flag jargon and corporate-speak
- Analyze both offline and online assets; letters, disclosure statements, directives, blog copy etc.
- Subject matter experts communicate their technical knowledge in jargon free, easy to understand language
- Support your plain language program roll-out
- Show usage and adoption across your
- Measure quality improvement across all organization assets, both offline and online
- Instantly see if writers are using non-compliant, off-brand language
Measure Return on CX
Measure over time the impact clarity has on customer retention. By removing complexity roadblocks from the customer journey, you can drive measurable CX results. A VisibleThread financial services customer changed just 11 customer letters and measured a $325k annual saving.
Smash Communication Silos
Input your brand-specific language and style guide. Ensure every writer in your organization can apply it easily. Share metrics, manage the application of your brand language and decrease review times.
Watch review cycles and feedback time shrink. One customer now saves 105 hours per year! Read the case study.
Reduce Help Center Call Volume
Customers call when the communications they receive from you are not clear. This puts pressure on your help desk team and breaks the customer experience. And, it increases costs. Leverage clarity to shrink your help desk demand.
Measure Content Readability (For Writers)
Analyze your MS Word Docs, PDFs or Raw Text for plain language. Makes your copy clearer by scoring for:
- The Grade Level required to understand your content
- The Readability of your content
- Level of complex sentences, overuse of passive voice and adverbs
Flag Jargon with Customized WatchWords (For Writers)
Flag occurrence of “watch words” as you edit. Configurable words/phrases to flag off-brand language
- Spot off-brand and non-compliant language
- Centrally control watch word list
- Categorize watch words. For example old T&Cs, out of date product references, and legally sensitive language.
Track Individual and Team Usage (For Exec Oversight)
See usage for teams and users. Help support plain language program rollout across your organization
- Understand which users and teams are actively scoring
- Drive better adoption by helping inactive users and teams with plain language education and hand holding
- Roll out to thousands of users across geographies
Measure Clarity Improvements (For Exec Oversight)
Measure quality improvement across all organization assets, both offline and online
- Real-time visibility into how key metrics like grade level are trending
- View Improvement by team and by user, share reports
- Flag pockets of content that are too complex
Flag Jargon with Customized WatchWords (For Exec Oversight)
See which teams and writers may be using non-compliant, off-brand language
- Understand if teams and users are using non-compliant, off-brand language by using “watch words”
- Pinpoint out of date T&Cs, old product names, prohibited and off brand language
- Export reports to writers for feedback and education
“Inconsistent tone, complex communications and jargon-laden language is typical in our industry. This leads to reduced engagement with customers and, over time, in a loss of customer trust. At Aberdeen Standard Investments, we want to be completely transparent, serve our customers and retain their trust. VisibleThread helps us do just that.”
Head of Content | Aberdeen Standard Investments
VT Readability Email Service
Frictionless clarity for content teams
Score your content directly from your mail. The email service uses three simple steps to content clarity to get results directly into your Inbox:
- Send your doc
Submit your MS Word or PDF docs as an attachment to a dedicated email address.
- Get your analysis
Receive your VT Readability score within seconds back into your inbox.
- Get assistance & edit doc
Receive doc annotations and an excel report containing a detailed breakdown of scores with clarity improvement suggestions.
Useful Plain Language Content & Resources
- We need to talk about complex words
- Why it’s time to lose your passive voice
- Why all long sentences must come to an end
- What’s behind the Flesch Reading Ease Test?
- The fallacy of the sophisticated customer
- How plain language cuts call center costs
- Words matter. Why you need to measure your tone of voice
- Parlez vous Legalese? Clear writing in privacy policies
Webinars & External Resources
- Webinar: Plain Language Matters. Making the business case for Financial Services
- Webinar: How to be compliant and engaging with your member communications (Healthcare)
- Webinar: Complex, obtuse language continues to impact investor trust
- Writing for Gov.uk
- Canada.ca Style Guide
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Plain Writing Initiative