We were delighted to attend Ragan Communication’s Virtual Employee Communications and Culture Conference on Wednesday, February 16th, 2022. Our CEO and Co-Founder, Fergal McGovern, participated in a panel discussion on “Communicating Change in Uncertain Times.”
Fergal joined Ashley Bush, Director of Communications and Giving Back at Southwire, and Amanda Minto, Director of HR Communications, Technology, Product, and Xperience at Comcast, for this engaging discussion.
In this session, you’ll learn why communicators must step up to become expert crisis managers and how three leaders have effectively communicated amid seemingly never-ending changes in their organization.
This panel discussion covered:
- Strategies for determining how and when to communicate sensitive news to a global workforce in a transparent and trust-first way
- Unique opportunities for building employee engagement during a corporate restructure
- Crafting an internal crisis communications plan that engages affected employees first
- Tips for plugging up leaks of sensitive company information and addressing disgruntled employees
- Understanding when your organization should take a stand on social issues and what to do when that backfires
- Key metrics to measure the effectiveness of change communications